Tuesday, November 6, 2012

My week in Berlin!

I flew back to London yesterday after spending a great week in Berlin with my friend Kubra and her family and friends! I went to the zoo, tried new and different kinds of food, learned a little bit of German (my favorite phrase isn't appropriate to put on here...), experienced the German nightlife, went shopping, and caught up with Kubie. It was a relaxing week off from school and I really enjoyed Berlin. It was different from London in a lot of ways, some good and some bad.

Germans appeared to be friendlier than Brits. They usually always greeted you with a hug and they talked a lot... The subways and trains were always noisy with conversation. The food was also very, very good. Being a Turkish German, Kubra took me to a lot of Turkish and other ethnic restaurants. My favorite was definitely Wonder Waffel, where I made this delicious treat.


However, Berlin was definitely dirtier than London. London and it's surrounding boroughs are actually quite clean for the amount of people that live and travel here. But Berlin streets were littered with trash, so that was slightly unpleasant. And they don't sell cider there. I was very upset about that.





There's definitely a lot more I want to see in Berlin, and of Germany, so I'm excited for future trips to visit Kubie! :)


On Friday, I leave for Ireland with my friend Kalee until Tuesday. I won't have my laptop with me, so expect a long blog all about that trip! I can't wait! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment